Hopefully you’ve survived the onslaught of midterms and have a reprieve for at least a couple weeks. If you find yourself with some time, here are some great reads from the past week:
- Real Clear Politics has a very thorough assessment of Boehner’s legacy
- A very thorough profile on Marco Rubio, delving into the hazy details of his connections with Cuba
- This state-by-state guide to the primaries has the order of states that vote as well as nifty & relevant primary facts about each
- The Congressional Research Service makes in-depth, top-notch reports on a variety of issues. The reports are unclassified, but have been only accessible to members of Congress and other insiders — but new legislation is trying to change that.
- The Rolling Stone’s case for Bernie Sanders
- Election Day was last Tuesday, and (just like 2014) it was a bad, bad day for the Democrats
- Why Oregon has (as far as states go) a great track record of women entering political office
Sorry for not having a post for 5th week…the mid-quarter tsunami took its toll on me. If you’re interested in what we were reading then, check out the links below — Victoria
- Why did Lincoln Chafee even bother to run?
- RBG’s love story
- If you thought the House Benghazi Committee was absurd, don’t even get started on the House Science Committee
- Poland takes a dramatic right turn