- In Oregon, Kate Brown becomes the first bisexual governor in the U.S. and the second woman governor of Oregon, following the resignation of Kitzhaber.
- Meanwhile, in Oklahoma, a House legislative committee overwhelmingly votes (right down the party lines) to eliminate funding for AP US History classes, because by acknowledging some of the issues in America’s past APUSH is unpatriotic and denies American exceptionalism. They also conflate Advanced Placement with Common Core, and the vote sets a precedent that threatens all other Advanced Placement courses in Oklahoma.
- Hillary Haters and what Hillary can do for 2016
- SNL’s best political sketches
- Dos and don’ts for the 2016 Democratic Convention in Philadelphia
- Apparently, someone didn’t like the Obama Vox videos as much as I did. Also some opinions on David Axelrod’s new book, Believer (you can watch his IOP talk about it here).